[wp-hackers] Mismatched WP version displayed

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Sun Feb 15 09:03:34 GMT 2009

On 15 Feb 2009, at 08:57, Mário Gamito wrote:

> Navjot Singh wrote:
>> Can you show what is written in file wp-includes/version.php?
> I solved it :)
>
> As I have all my files with 444 permissions, I click on the link to
> update to 2.7.1 (which was the one I already had).
>
> Then, I was presented with the choice to say that 2.7.1 is the right
> version and so I did it.
>
> Solved, but odd anyway!

This sounds like the option which stores the upgrade info didn't get
updated post upgrade.

It is cached for a long time (12 hours + i think) and I guess if the
call to fetch the data and update it which is triggered by the
upgrade fails to make a successful HTTP request you will then have to
wait that length of time for the message to disappear.

westi
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5