[wp-hackers] Re: Getting comment feed for articles of specific
alan at verselogic.net
Sat Feb 14 16:39:42 GMT 2009
Rehash; the comments feeds provide most of the functionality that
Xavier was asking for, minus a filter to just a single author.
We get a comment rss/atom feed with three types
- Comments on a particular post (is_singluar)
- Comments on search results (is_search, only true if the 's' query
var is !empty() )
- Comments on the blog as a whole, but the normal query parameters
are still in effect.
Mix and match a few query parameters in
- Request: http://blog.verselogic.net/?feed=comments-atom&author=1
- Result: 301 redirect by canonical.php to http://blog.verselogic.net/archives/author/alanjcastonguay/comments/feed/atom/
- Suggests such functionality was intended to exist? This looks a
lot like the url that Xavier proposed.
- Request: http://blog.verselogic.net/archives/author/alanjcastonguay/comments/feed/atom/
- Results: 301 redirect to first post by that author.
- Incomplete implementation? If this is supposed to work, we
should look at fixing it.
Try disabling the canonicalization feature with preview=1, to avoid
the above redirect.
- Request: http://blog.verselogic.net/?feed=comments-atom&author=1&preview=1
- Result: An Atom feed of comments on posts owned by author 1
- Request: http://blog.verselogic.net/?feed=comments-atom&author=66&preview=1
- Results: An Atom feed of the only comment on a post created by
author 66 (my post-from-flickr user)
It -is- possible, with some trickery, to get a feed of comments on a
particular author's posts. What is the canonicalizer trying to do here?
Alan J Castonguay
-------------- next part --------------
>>>>> In a standard install, we can:
>>>>> - get the general feed > /blog/feed/
>>>>> - get the comments feed > /blog/comments/feed/
>>>>> - get a feed for each author's articles > /blog/author/AUTHOR_ID/
>>>>> How would I go about getting the next logical step: a feed of the
>>>>> comments to a given author's articles.
>>>>> Basic idea: /blog/author/AUTHOR_ID/comments/feed/
>>>>> What say you?
>>>>> Xavier Borderie
More information about the wp-hackers