[wp-hackers] 'option_update_plugins' filter won't run

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Fri Feb 13 13:20:46 GMT 2009

On Feb 12, 2009, at 6:04 PM, Ryan Boren wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 7:33 PM, Stephen Rider
> <wp-hackers at striderweb.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 10, 2009, at 12:32 AM, Ryan Boren wrote:
>>> Transients have transient_* filters that behave the same as
>>> option_*.
>>> Hook your function to both option_update_plugins and
>>> transient_update_plugins.  option_update_plugins will be run for 2.7
>>> and earlier.  transient_update_plugins will be run for 2.8.
>>
>> I'm not using any cache plugins.  Actually, I added an error_log()
>> to the
>> actual get_option() function, so the log excerpt above shows the
>> actual
>> get_option() function being run.  The function is running, and
>> calling the
>> 'update_plugins' settings, but the 'option_update_plugins' filter is
>> apparently not firing.  The code is pretty straightforward -- I can't
>> imagine why it isn't working.
>>

> I was wrong. A caching plugin does not need to be installed to get the
> new behavior.  2.8 currently requires using transient_update_plugins.
> The option in the DB is now called _transient_update_plugins and the
> filter called _option__transient_update_plugins.  I'll look into
> adding some back-compat, but for now transient_update_plugins can be
> used.

Last night it just up and decided to work.  Sometime in the past
couple days I went from 2.8 bleeding back to 2.7.1, so that may have
been part of it (if so, you may have a bug in 2.8).  It may also have
been something glitched in my particular install.

So... thanks for the assist, and please do keep me updated as to the
"transient" stuff.

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider