[wp-hackers] Need direction on custom image handling

Paul paul at codehooligans.com
Wed Feb 11 01:35:10 GMT 2009

All,

I'm not trying to tack away traffic from the SWFObject discussion but
need some advice.

I'm trying to find wrap my head around the attachment/image handling
functions and figure out the best action/filter to hook into. I have a
need to intercept an uploaded image and create two new sizes. I know
WP comes with the thumb, medium and large option. I don't want to mess
with these as they would effect the general user uploads. I need to
check the parent post of the upload and if in a 'special' category
create the other two sizes of the image.

Where is this functionality? Any example would be appreciated.

paul