[wp-hackers] Improve community features on wordpress.org/trac

Beau Lebens beau at dentedreality.com.au
Fri Feb 6 00:09:12 GMT 2009

I don't know where would be the best place to make this suggestion, so
I'm making it here.

Definitely not a high-priority, but I think it'd be cool to see a
better integration between wordpress.org and trac.wordpress.org (and
codex.wordpress.org). I have no clue about how flexible/extensible
trac is (or mediawiki for that matter), so some of this might not even
be possible, but here are some ideas anyway:

 - Use the same theme/template (at least just header/footer) on
trac.wordpress.org

 - Link user references within trac back to user profiles on
wordpress.org, based on username (e.g. "beaulebens" on trac would link
to http://wordpress.org/support/profile/190677 )

 - Add trac activity to my profile page on wordpress.org, since it
seems to be my "global profile" within the wordpress world (tickets
filed, commits, perhaps comments/file attachments if available)

 - Include tickets assigned to this person on trac (currently working on...)

 - Maybe also add in history of Codex edits on your wordpress.org profile

That's all for now.
Beau

--
Beau Lebens