[wp-hackers] Updating a User Record via PHP?

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Mon Feb 2 21:29:00 GMT 2009

"Jeremy Clarke" <jer at simianuprising.com> wrote:
> Just in case people are interested, here's a trac ticket I
> filed about the badness/strangeness of the whole $userdata
> thing: http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8911

I really like your proposal and would be interested in helping if possible.

I'd also like to make the login/register/profile system hookable and make it possible to theme it as well and I've done a lot of work for my current client that could be conceptually reused for this purpose. Improving on the user object as you propose would really help streamline the code I've written and could contribute when rewriting for the new structure you propose.

> http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9020

Also, I very much agree with that too.

How do others feel about Jeremy's proposals?

-Mike Schinkel
http://mikeschinkel.com/