[wp-hackers] Web Programmer Needed

charles meyer chasm at epop3.com
Thu Dec 31 22:17:29 UTC 2009

Hi there,

I hope you all have been able to enjoy your holidays.

I'm not quite about the etiquette for this list so I apologize in
advance if I inadvertently violate any rules.

The Scriptwriters Network is an all-volunteer, educational tax-exempt
501(c)(3)  non profit which has been successfully educating and
providing access to emerging scriptwriters for over 23 years.

We're in need of a volunteer web programmer.

We have an Award Winning Web Site with our Open Source content
management system (CMS Made Simple) so a web programmer would not be
required to manage a lot of content. It's programming we need not
content management.

Our High School Fellowship Program reaches out to under-represented high
school students by mentoring students in scriptwriting. The program has
successfully, for over 15 years, educated disadvantaged students
teaching them both creative writing and real life skills like meeting
deadlines and accepting and sharing constructive criticism in a
supportive way.

The Web Programmer position is truly a unique opportunity for a person
with the requisite skills, a good work ethic
with attention to detail who would like to add an
entertainment/education Web site to their portfolio and
have real impact in helping us educate and develop opportunities for
emerging scriptwriters.

We're very interested in migrating our Membership Data Base away from
Access to my SQL as well as migrating away from ASP. These were aspects
of the Web site we inherited and did not choose.

I've listed this opportunity with no less than 15 colleges and
universities throughout California, I've posted
this opportunity on several Linux and Mac groups, spoken with SCORE so
I'm not sure how else or where else I might consider reaching out to
those with web programming skills and experience.

I'd very much appreciate your thoughts and suggestions about how and
where we might try recruiting a web programmer.

Thank you so much,

Charles.

Charles Meyer
Executive Director
The Scriptwriters Network Foundation Inc.
www.scriptwritersnetwork.org