[wp-hackers] Improving WordPress Core Development

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Tue Dec 29 19:52:54 UTC 2009

On Dec 29, 2009, at 2:38 PM, mark waterous wrote:
>> I'd really like to see a User Voice site set up for WordPress, for
>> example:
>>
>> http://xero.uservoice.com
>
> Isn't that what this is?
> http://wordpress.org/extend/ideas/

Funny, before writing the suggestion to use UserVoice I went looking for exactly that but couldn't find it. :)

Anyway, that doesn't work nearly as well as UserVoice.  For example you get 10 points per login to rate features on UserVoice so you have to choose what is most important to you.  On wordpress.org/extend/idea I can rate everything I want a 5 star idea.  Plus UserVoice is proactively in the business of providing tools to soliciting user feedback whereas it's an afterthought on Wordpress.org.

JMTCW anyway.

-Mike Schinkel

P.S. OTOH, take a look at the top 5; haven't they been in the top 5 for two years now?  Why haven't they been addressed?  Seriously?