[wp-hackers] i18n problem:xgettext: unrecognized option `--package-name='

Nikolay Bachiyski nb at nikolay.bg
Wed Dec 23 21:16:37 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 17:13, Davit Barbakadze <jayarjo at gmail.com> wrote:
> php makepot.php wp-plugin your-plugin-directory (I use w-plugin switch
> since I could not find a switch for themes)

There is a wp-theme project. Type php makepot.php to see them all.

> I get this:
>
> xgettext: unrecognized option `--package-name='
> Try `xgettext --help' for more information.
> Couldn't generate POT file!
>
> Any solution to this?

Until recently (a couple of hours) makepot.php used xgettext arguments
to fill in some meta information. Unfortunately some of these
functionality isn't available to older xgettext version. That's why if
you svn up yo the latest version of makepot.php you'll see that the
problem is gone. All metadata is just substituted in the generated POT
file.

Happy hacking,
Nikolay.