[wp-hackers] JavaScript concatenation and compression - any documentation?

Ken Newman Ken at adcSTUDIO.com
Fri Dec 18 21:54:20 UTC 2009

See this post for more information:
http://wpdevel.wordpress.com/2009/02/06/script-loader-updates/

Specifically:
"Another major new feature is that all core admin scripts are
concatenated and compressed before sending them to the browser. This
feature can easily be extended to include scripts added by plugins and
to use server side caching, however that would require some changes to
the server settings (.htaccess on Apache).

Since compression from php can be problematic on some hosts there are
several "switches" (constants) that manage it:
|define('CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false);| would turn off both
concatenating and compressing of all scripts."

hope that's more helpful ;)