[wp-hackers] Developer portal

Aaron D. Campbell aaron at xavisys.com
Wed Dec 16 13:52:14 UTC 2009

People have already named almost everything I can think of (svn, howto
create a patch, code examples, etc).  One that I haven't seen (but I
haven't completely read every message in this thread) is coding
standards.  These vary from project to project (for example, if you
contribute to Zend Framework you need to format code differently than if
you contribute to WordPress), so it would be great to have them
available even for experienced developers.

Also, I know that PHP.net has been mentioned quite a bit.  I definitely
find it extremely useful for 90% of functions, so it's a great example.
Something about PHP.net that I love and haven't seen mentioned is their
shortened URLs that you can use.  For example, if you search on the site
for 'date' to find one of the more obscure formatters, the url would be
http://us.php.net/manual/en/function.date.php but if I know exactly what
I'm looking for I don't have to use that URL, I just use
http://php.net/date (easy to remember).