[wp-hackers] Handling Custom Meta Boxes

Michael Pretty mpretty at voceconnect.com
Mon Dec 14 21:59:53 UTC 2009

I'm curious how most plugin developers handle saving settings from
custom post meta_boxes.  I've always handled this by adding an action to
save the result on 'save_post' and only updating if DOING_AUTOSAVE
wasn't defined.  The problem with doing this, is that the save_post
action is also called when a scheduled item is moved to published.  If
this happens, the posted values from the meta_box isn't available and I
can't alway use isset since that means I can never use checkboxes for input.

Suggestions?

Thank you.

-Michael (prettyboymp)