[wp-hackers] Developer portal

Chris Williams chris at clwill.com
Sun Dec 13 01:12:37 UTC 2009

+1

Being a wiki is a blessing and a curse.  Best would be something that is controlled and edited to be clear, clean, accurate, etc.  And kept fresh.

Too much of the codex is dupes, out of date, or... wrong.

From: Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com>
Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] Developer portal

I don't like putting new things on the Codex because it's difficult to
work with, doesn't share our login system, and the platform is a pain to
work with.

There will be a new site regardless, I think developers deserve their
own resource independent from the Codex and a lot of the requests we've
had here aren't things that should be done in the Codex anyway.