[wp-hackers] Developer portal

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Sat Dec 12 23:14:01 UTC 2009

On 2009-12-12 12:17 PM, Dre Armeda wrote:
> Codex could probably use an overhaul in the usability department but I'm
> with William on this one. Better organization of the information in the
> codex to fit the needs of developers, designers, and new folks would
> help target the right people with the right information.
>
> A lot of the resources exist, adding more functionality to the codex
> would be the way to go.

I don't like putting new things on the Codex because it's difficult to
work with, doesn't share our login system, and the platform is a pain to
work with.

There will be a new site regardless, I think developers deserve their
own resource independent from the Codex and a lot of the requests we've
had here aren't things that should be done in the Codex anyway.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://ma.tt | http://wordpress.org | http://automattic.com