[wp-hackers] Revisiting phone home and privacy

Lynne Pope lynne.pope at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 20:53:01 UTC 2009

In my experience few people will use a plugin that hasn't been updated in 2
years and which says its compatible up to a version that was outdated 2
years ago so its not surprising that this plugin is not better supported.

Regardless, plugins do not address the problem of WordPress sending data
without users being (a) aware of what is sent and (b) opting in.

Lynne