[wp-hackers] $wp_rewrite->flush_rules() on plugin activation

Matt Jacob matt at mattjacob.com
Wed Dec 9 16:20:38 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:28 PM, Austin Matzko <if.website at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

OK, thanks again for the help. The actual code to do this is not hard
to understand, but the documentation in the Codex for all things
WP_Rewrite seems to be lacking. I'd be happy to help improve it, but I
haven't explored enough of the internals yet to be able to write
definitively about it.

In my mind, what's really lacking is a how-to for plugin developers on
using WP_Rewrite correctly. There are already a few code snippets in
the Codex, but they're isolated examples. And after all, why would you
be using WP_Rewrite in the first place if not within the context of a
plugin?

Matt