[wp-hackers] Some Left-Field names for Canonical Plugins

Mark Jaquith markjaquith at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 04:51:42 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 10:44 PM, Doug Stewart <zamoose at gmail.com> wrote:
> Feel free to add your own. *grin*

Some of the ones suggested in jest:

- Mark-coded (I'll go into seclusion and write them all!)
- Matt's choice (no community input — Matt picks his favorites based
on their use of puns and big blue headers)
- Classy (
- Finger-licking Good (rated on a 1-5 BBQ-stained fingers scale)

> (In all seriousness, I think "Endorsed", "Backed", "Supported" or
> "Recommended" also belong on the real list...)

Some of these are reasonable contenders. We didn't want to overwhelm
the poll with too many options!

One of our concerns is to minimize the "what it says about all the
other plugins" effect. We don't want everyone else to feel like
they're being deprecated or downplayed. Imagine what people will call
the plugins that aren't canonical, based on the names you consider.

--
Mark Jaquith
• http://markjaquith.com/http://coveredwebservices.com/