[wp-hackers] Custom Post - implementation specifics

Eric Marden wp at xentek.net
Mon Dec 7 19:42:00 UTC 2009

On Dec 5, 2009, at 6:00 AM, Jordi Canals wrote:

> As soon as we create a new post type, it should create the
> corresponding menus in the proper 'Action' menus.

I'm not sure I'd want to automatically create menus and such.
Sometimes You want more control or are using them for something with
an entirely different kind of content then a traditional 'post'.
Consider that the Media Library is a custom UI for the 'attachment'
post type, and extrapolate from there.

- Eric Marden
http://xentek.net/code/wordpress/
tw: @xentek