[wp-hackers] Possible security patch

Nathan Rice ncrice at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 14:11:22 UTC 2009

If the suggestion is to leave the admin account intact (and hardened with a
strong PW), but create a separate account with decreased privileges for
posting, then might I suggest letting both accounts have the same email
address? It's really frustrating to have to figure out an alternate email
account to use with one or the other WP accounts.

I still don' think this method properly accounts for a username being
clearly visible from all over the place. Letting users control what gets
used seems like a decent way of making brute-force attacks just a little bit
harder for bots to crack.

Nathan Rice
WordPress and Web Development
www.nathanrice.net | twitter.com/nathanrice