[wp-hackers] Plugin updates

Mark Jaquith markjaquith at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 07:53:14 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Joost de Valk <joost at yoast.com> wrote:
> I only missed one: the plugin file in that tags directory. Now a very weird
> thing happened: if you downloaded the plugin, you got version 3.2.5. If you
> were on 3.2.2 and upgraded, you got 3.2.5. However, if you were on 3.2.4,
> you didn't get an update notice...
>
> That sounds like a bug, doesn't it?

Ah, I misread this. It might be peeking at the version in the plugin
file, instead of relying on the tag name. It should be handled
consistently, not offering you two different versions based on what
version you're currently running, no matter what mistakes you make in
the plugin file's meta version.

I'm pinging Mike Adams to take a look at this.

--
Mark Jaquith
• http://markjaquith.com/http://coveredwebservices.com/