[wp-hackers] Custom Post - implementation specifics

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Fri Dec 4 13:42:23 UTC 2009

On Dec 4, 2009, at 5:31 AM, scribu wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 1:08 AM, Stephen Rider <wp-hackers at striderweb.com>wrote:
>
>> editor_element('editor');
>> editor_element('excerpt');
>> editor_element('custom_fields');
>> editor_element('pingbacks');
>>
>> Question for those more familiar:  What functions of this type already
>> exist?  I don't mean the generic add_meta(), I mean dedicated functions for
>> editor elements....
>>

> People seem to be unaware of the existance of add_meta_box() and
> remove_meta_box().
>
> I use them all the time to create Dashboard like plugin settings pages.

I'm definitely familiar with it, but...  I was referring to functions to add the *standard* meta boxes to a custom Edit page, not custom ones.

Looking at it again, it appears that you could use it to add the standard boxes to a custom page, simply by hooking the standard functions instead of custom ones.   Hmmm....

Actually, the implications of that are huge. In a good way. :-)  Thanks for pointing out the obvious to me.

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider
http://striderweb.com/