[wp-hackers] One CMS to Rule Them All (was This was painful to read...)

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Wed Dec 2 22:41:03 UTC 2009

On Dec 2, 2009, at 5:22 PM, Otto wrote:
> This thread was not intended to be about specifics. I was speaking in
> general terms and talking about general directions. If you want to
> talk about specific things, talk about them, but not as responses to
> unrelated materials. Then things just get confusing.

For the record, I thought I did just speak about specifics: custom post types and custom url routing.

> I don't like your particular visions about URL routing, because I
> think you're thinking too narrowly and focusing on your specific needs
> instead of having a wider scope, but I'm not generically opposed to
> making URLs easier to work with.

My reaction is to think you don't understand my visions because I'm looking to make it more generic not less, and my perception of your criticisms is that you are trying to constrain it to be less so.  Of course that's all my perception which is probably not the reality.

So let's get pass this and try to figure out what works.  Can you explain what you think my vision is (so I can either agree or correct it) and then why you think that vision is too narrow by giving counter examples?

-Mike Schinkel