[wp-hackers] Tips for moving a Wordpress install

Christian Gundersson gundersson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 20:20:39 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've been trying to find a good guide to moving a Wordpress installed site
from one location to another, more specifically from one host to another.

All guides I've found fail in one aspect or the other. Either they
completely disregard moving the media library(an important part in many of
my sites) or they move files but not metadata information.

There is always the complete database backup option using phpMyAdmin but
won't that screw with site urls etc?

How do you guys move from a development install to a live install site?

PS. If anyone can fill me in as to why media library info isn't included in
WPs built in import/export feature that would be nice to.

Thanks!

Regards
Christian