[wp-hackers] Plugin API: Unique ID explanation

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Fri Aug 7 21:51:34 UTC 2009

Scribu,

The Plugin API has nothing to do with the proposed Meta API. You misunderstood the topic, please reread and reply if you have any rebuttals to the recent proposed fixes to the plugin API and how it builds the unique ID for filters and actions based on objects with methods that are not static.

Off topic: I already voiced my only concern with the proposed meta API, as that is the only thing I wanted to do and did so, I have nothing further to add or take away from the meta API. I'm glad someone else is implementing it, because as someone who has attempted it I did not like mine.

Jacob Santos