[wp-hackers] 24-hour has-patch marathon TODAY

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Thu Apr 30 14:14:33 GMT 2009

>> Perhaps we should start tagging simple patches with the tag "simple"
>> or "quick" in the hope that it will be reviewed faster?
>>
>> Of course this defacto standard would need some publicity to be helpful.
>
> LOL.  Better go with "simple".  "Quick" would be used by anyone who
> wants their patch committed NOW.

"Quick" can also refer to the "quick edit" functionality in WP, so it
might not be a useful tag search term. So I'm definitely +1 on making
"simple" an official keyword.

 From a practical perspective, you would need to add the new keyword to
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Reporting_Bugs#Trac_Keywords
and also it would be useful to make a query that looks for "has-patch"
with "simple" at
   http://core.trac.wordpress.org/report
to make it useful. Anyone can edit the Codex, but I believe a Trac
admin needs to add the new query.

Or better yet, maybe add "has-patch" + "simple" to the {9} Commit
Candidates query on the Reports page?

    --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com