[wp-hackers] basic bilingual plugin: need help with two issues

Simon Wheatley simon at sweetinteraction.com
Sat Apr 18 10:34:05 GMT 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 9:02 AM, Stephanie Booth <bunnylists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello hackers!

Hi!

> 1. language selection field
>
> Language is stored as postmeta, and I have added a clumsy field to the
> admin interface to allow editing it more easily. I'd like to make this
> field less clumsy, place it higher up in the post/edit page, and
> change it into radio buttons. Radio buttons I can probably figure out
> for myself (though I'm very rusty and it'll probably take me half a
> day), but I'm really stuck trying to integrate this form element more
> smoothly with the rest of the post/page editing form.

For positioning your form element, have a look at the function
add_meta_box particularly the "priority" and "context" parameters,
play around until you've got it roughly where you want. Here's the
codex entry:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_meta_box

> 2. adding lang="" attribute to the post/hentry div

I can't help much with this I'm afraid, sorry.

---
Sweet Interaction Ltd is Registered in England/Wales, no. 6610741
Registered office: 7 Malton Av, Manchester, M21 8AT