[wp-hackers] 24-hour has-patch marathon TODAY

Stephanie Leary steph at sillybean.net
Fri Apr 17 17:06:45 GMT 2009

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 16:03:25 -0700, Chris Williams <chris at clwill.com>
wrote:
> Hard to get excited about finding and fixing bugs when the process is
> obtuse
> and with little/no feedback.

I agree. I put in a patch for a nasty bug several months ago
(http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6035), and it's gone nowhere. I've
released a plugin in the meantime to help people affected by the problem,
but this could easily have been part of 2.7.1 if someone had looked at it.

The has-patch marathon is great. I'm really glad it's happening. I wish I
had a better idea of how to contribute without letting my patches languish
until the next marathon rolls around.

Stephanie Leary
sillybean.net