Can Trac message the list? Was Re: [wp-hackers] Any way to bypass $wp->query_posts()?

Lynne Pope lynne.pope at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 04:13:38 GMT 2009

2009/4/10 Stephen Rider <wp-hackers at striderweb.com>

> There was a Trac ticket the other day where somebody tossed up a patch.
>  There was a very little bit of discussion.  I pointed out a problem with
> the patch, **the person who coded it agreed with me**, and the next response
> was the (faulty) patch being committed to Core!  Huh???  As Michael says,
> very "binary" and very little discussion.

This is a very valid point. Trac is not being used for discussions about the
changes, and although its arguable that we should all be following Trac
tickets, in practise this is not really happening.

I'm not that familiar with Trac functions but wonder if there is a way for
it to message this list? If not, then perhaps anyone submitting a ticket
could post to the list, with a link to the ticket, asking for feedback.
Either way, its important that we post any suggested changes/pros/cons to
the ticket rather than here because there are some who use Trac but don't
wade through the myriad of discussions that take place on this list (many of
which are not suitable for core anyway).

Improved communication and involvement with Trac tickets seems like a
no-brainer to me.

Lynne