[wp-hackers] Any way to bypass $wp->query_posts()?

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Fri Apr 10 03:10:51 GMT 2009

> Unfortunately it seems this list much more often devolves into
> limiting "if" debates rather than the much more fruitful and
> intellectually stimulating discussions of issues people are having
> and how to address them. OTOH from my admittedly limited experience
> Trac tickets turn into a binary yes/no on a particular
> implementation with neither the technical mechanism nor the social
> processes to resolve any particular issue. For example, this [1]
> ticket got a thumb's down and my requests for clarification died on
> the vine.

I'll second that.  People should submit patches, yes, but too often
"Just do it on Trac" is the response, and it avoids valid discussion
of how to *best* approach a problem.

I'm not even talking about Michael's specific problem here (though the
discussion has taught me some things).  There was a Trac ticket the
other day where somebody tossed up a patch.  There was a very little
bit of discussion.  I pointed out a problem with the patch, **the
person who coded it agreed with me**, and the next response was the
(faulty) patch being committed to Core!  Huh???  As Michael says, very
"binary" and very little discussion.

Stephen