[wp-hackers] Any way to bypass $wp->query_posts()?

Malaiac malaiac at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 17:52:18 GMT 2009

2009/4/9 Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com>:
> Because, and I think you're not getting this, the query *IS*
> WordPress. Every page on WordPress needs the query. It's a fundamental
> assumption underlying the whole architecture. ALL pages in WordPress
> are generated from stuff in the posts table. Without exception.
> scenarios you present make the slightest bit of sense. You keep saying
> you want WordPress without the query, but you're failing to get that
> without the query, there's no reason to load WordPress at all. You
> gain nothing by loading WordPress. Almost every single part of
> WordPress is predicated on loading something from the posts table.
> It's a fundamental underlying assumption, in all cases.

Oh my... I just want to wait for WP to allow custom taxonomies, and
then send you back this message...
Sorry for the pun, but since links (like in wp_links) are the closest
existing thing to a custom taxonomy,
[and btw, who decided that links categories could not be hierarchical,
and - to get closer to the point - who decided that a link may not be
displayed as a single entity on a single page ?? to achieve this
simple functionality, WP need dozens of hooks and hundreds of php code
lines... ]
and since custom taxonomies are in the scope for 2.8/2.9, I think
you'll be wrong in no time.

Malaiac