[wp-hackers] limit characters

Silverstein, Jesse Jesse.Silverstein at xerox.com
Mon Apr 6 23:20:48 GMT 2009

Sounds like this will be a great learning experience for you :)

An alternative to hooking the "the_editor" filter would be to just slap
in a hidden input field from your plugin's js file. That means all you
need to do in PHP is enqueue your two js scripts for the right page, and
the rest is javascript. Although this is only an better alternative if
you are more comfortable with javascript than php. Otherwise it's six of
one, half a dozen of the other.

P.S. refer to wp-admin/js/word-count.dev.js not word-count.js. The
former is (more) legible.

-Jesse