[wp-hackers] Anyone running 2.7 on a public blog yet?

Alex Hempton-Smith hempsworth at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 26 10:17:14 GMT 2008

> I'm pretty sure http://ma.tt does too

Yup, "<meta name="generator" content="WordPress 2.7-hemorrhage" />" :)

I've been using trunk on my blog for a long while, and although I don't get
a large readership (only just reopened it), I haven't really found any
show-stopping bugs in trunk, so I'm pretty happy to use and test it.

Testing trunk on a development blog is okay, but to get real-world testing
out of a product you have to use it every day, so having the live blog run
off trunk seems like a good idea if you're willing to take the risk and make
lots of backups!

I backup my data before every SVN update, using a cron job - shameless
plug<http://blog.hempsworth.com/33/automated-backups-and-svn-updates/>-
especially if you have Dreamhost.

-- Alex