[wp-hackers] Inline Documentation Effort Updates

Xavier Borderie xavier at borderie.net
Thu Sep 25 09:13:20 GMT 2008

Second what Benedict said : tremendous effort documenting all these
files, Jacob, and I'm sure in the end it could prove even more useful
than "just" for PHPXref sites.

As far as I can tell, the core-team has already adopted writing propre
documentation to new methods. This should be pushed to patch providers
too - and thus, maybe included in the Codex's Reporting Bugs page, so
that the doc is updated along with the code.
http://codex.wordpress.org/Reporting_Bugs#Patching_Bugs

Thanks a lot to Jacob, and all those involved !

-xb.

2008/9/25 Benedict Eastaugh <ionfish at gmail.com>:
> Great work so far, Jacob. I for one would support a motion not to
> allow new patches into trunk without associated documentation. The
> best and easiest time to add it is when the code's first being
> written, not a year down the line.

Xavier Borderie