[wp-hackers] Strange comment activtity, look familiar?

Daniel Torreblanca regulatethis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 19:56:59 GMT 2008

I've been getting some bizarre comments to a pretty old post on my
blog. Here's the data from one of the approval email:

Author : AAKakaKAA (IP: 91.144.185.173 , net185-173.nn.ertelecom.ru)
E-mail : ferrabs at mail.ru
URL    : http://wi-net.ru
Whois  : http://ws.arin.net/cgi-bin/whois.pl?queryinput=91.144.185.173
Comment:
Красиво

I've gotten about 25 of these over the weekend. They're all in
Russian, and appear to originate from 2 IPs (mostly from one of them
though). They're all from *.ertelecom.ru.

I simply deleted the first few, but then when they started coming in
more often I started spamming them. I'm only using Akismet. The
comments themselves tend to be pretty generic/non-related but they
certainly don't seem malicious. Anyone seen anything similar, or have
a solution for stopping them?

Daniel