[wp-hackers] WP Admin UI Idea #3

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Mon Sep 22 16:08:15 GMT 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 3:11 AM, Kaspars Dambis
<kaspars at konstruktors.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here is another WP admin UI idea (#3):
> http://konstruktors.com/examples/wordpress-dashboard/03/
>
> which is based 100% on the same markup as the original
> http://konstruktors.com/examples/wordpress-dashboard/02/ but features:
>
> * left side navigation which automatically keeps only the two latest nav
> items open. Try clicking Content, then Manage, Comments. On opening
> Comments the Content should collapse. This would help to minimize the
> scrolling.

Latest trunk remembers which menus you have open.  It doesn't close
all but the latest two, however.  That'd be interesting to user test.

I would love a patch that implements drag-and-drop and show/hide for
the dashboard.  For now, the patch would need to use our current box
styling to maintain consistency.  I'd like to see us move to something
like your box styling, however.