[wp-hackers] WP HTTP Client

Stephane Daury wordpress at tekartist.org
Sun Sep 7 15:56:49 GMT 2008

On Sep 06, 2008, at 22:28, Jacob Santos wrote:

> Ryan McCue wrote:
>> Eric Marden wrote:
>>
>>> I think I remember seeing a post come across the list about the
>>> 'best'
>>> way to make HTTP calls (get/post) inside of a wordpress plugin, and
>>> that some said there was a class or set of functions for that. Are
>>> we
>>> talking about wp-includes/class-snoopy.php or is there a better way?
>>
>> Jacob Santos' work on it is wp-includes/http.php in trunk (and slated
>> for 2.7).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ryan M.

But in the meantime, Snoopy does work great if you want/need backward
compatibility and portability.

We use it extensively in our plugins, to connect to our remote API.

To be noted though, it only supports get and post, not put or delete,
and uses the curl binary (not lib) when under https.

Stephane