[wp-hackers] Redirect and wp_validate_auth_cookie()

Daniel Cortés daniel at kingubox.com
Tue Oct 28 01:44:48 GMT 2008

Hello,

I would like redirect authors from login page to an admin panel different
from the default wordpress admin panel.

I've added a filter in login_redirect to change the 'redirect to' of these
users to a different folder from wp-admin (different name, but with the same
content). Something happens with cookies and 'wp_validate_auth_cookie()'
returns false when called from the files of the new folder and the user is
redirected to the login page.

Can you give me some track about what is happening with cookies?

Thank you very much..

Daniel