[wp-hackers] SSL for a single page

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Thu Oct 16 21:25:37 GMT 2008

Rich Pedley wrote:
> 2008/10/16 Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com>:
>

>> OH! You're talking about using the Notification API? Where they hit
>> you back directly?
>>
>> http://code.google.com/apis/checkout/developer/Google_Checkout_XML_API_Notification_API.html
>>
>> I mean, you keep talking about "level 2", but nowhere in their API
>> documentation is there any mention of "Levels", so I'm trying to grasp
>> WTF you're meaning here.
>>

> Sorry, my bad:
> http://checkout.google.com/support/sell/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=42917

Reading that the SSL page is not public facing but just for Google callback?

If so, you can use two WP installs pointing at the same db but use the
defines WP_SITEURL and WP_HOME in wp-config.php to set the urls
different so the SSL one doesn't auto redirect the google callback.

Then if you want you can set up redirects for all non-google requests.

westi

--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5