[wp-hackers] Where Do I Configure This Plugin

scribu scribu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 18:57:47 GMT 2008

I would like to point out that this method has several drawbacks:

1. The Settings link sometimes goes on a new line, because the Plugin
Actions column is too narrow. This and the fact that some plugins have
a bold link and others don't makes the Plugins table look untidy.
2. "This filter is going to be called for every single plugin row on
the Plugins page" - this is rather clunky: if each plugin implemented
this and there were 20 plugins, there would be 400 calls.

I think that an optional parameter in the
"add_management_page/add_options_page" functions would be better. The
easiest way is to hardcode the link directly in the plugin
description.

--
http://scribu.net