[wp-hackers] Where Do I Configure This Plugin

Jeff Chandler jeffro at jeffro2pt0.com
Wed Oct 8 07:37:37 GMT 2008

Apparently not. Based on some more research, this issue has been brought
up before. http://wordpress.org/support/topic/63824?replies=13 and
http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2006-March/005247.html
respectively. For whatever reason the forum thread was closed.

Now, Andrews idea is based on what he has seen Habari do and although I
wouldn't want to see a 100% clone of what Habari does instituted into
WordPress, I think the way Habari does it is much better than the loose
ways of WordPress. However, as was brought up within that forum topic,
this would be a loose standard to apply as the software is Open Source
and plugin authors would be able to continue to do what they want,
despite the fact that the ability to do this already exists.

Considering all of the discussion based on this idea is at least two
years old, is it safe to say that we will always have to deal with
plugin authors making the final decision on where to place the settings
page wherever that might be?

The only other thing I can imagine is a plugin to consolidate plugin
settings onto one manageable page.