[wp-hackers] WordPress as a full stack web framework

Casey Bisson casey.bisson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 19:05:45 GMT 2008

Stephane,

+1 to using WP as a web framework.

Though here's the unique part about WP: Most frameworks serve a single
application at a time, but most WP users have a handful of plugins
active at once. The fact that the WP API is sufficiently robust and
complete to make that work well, while also allowing development of
sophisticated plugins that add significant new features is the truly
amazing part. </ fanboy moment>

Scriblio, my WordPress as library catalog system, started out by
completely highjacking a lot of WP functionality. I've learned a lot
since my first release a few years ago, but the biggest lesson has
been to make my plugins well behaved and leave plenty of room for
other well behaved plugins to interoperate with them.

--Casey

http://Plymouth.edu/
http://about.Scriblio.net/
http://MaisonBisson.com/