[wp-hackers] Proposal: standardize plugin-data path

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Wed Oct 1 12:23:41 GMT 2008

It appears that the upload folder setting is parsed relative to
ABSPATH, rather than web root.  So, if I move wp-content out of the wp
folder, it's then impossible to set the uploads folder to be in wp-
content...?

Site is at example.com, but WP files are at example.com/wp.

Contents folder is example.com/wp-content.

Setting uploads folder to wp-content/uploads, that ends up pointing to
example.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/.  I want it to point to example.com/
wp-content/uploads/ instead....

We've abstracted everything else so that people can move everything
custom (wp-content, wp-config.php) out of the folder with the actual
WP files (which makes updates soooooo much better thanks).  It appears
we need to do the same for the uploads folder.

Steve