[wp-hackers] Post/Page "Types"?

Bernard D. Tremblay (ben) bentrem at aol.com
Sun Nov 30 18:17:50 GMT 2008

Ade Walker wrote:
> Perhaps I'm missing the point, but why not use Conditional
> Tags<http://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags>
So far so good ... right on target.
> to load different header.php files depending on the type of
> page/post/category being displayed?
You just re-formulated my question.
:-)
> Combined with Page Templates this can be a very powerful way of customising different parts of a site.
Absolutely ... sure is ... that's why I'm moving in this direction.
>  Just a thought.

Fine thought ... spot on ...
... cept (and I just went through a stack of Codex docs) I find no way
of doing what you made seem so simple here.

To use your words: How do I "load different header.php files depending
on the type of page/post/category being displayed?"
Simpler: can it be done?

> Ade.

ben