[wp-hackers] A question about theme updates in WP 2.7

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Sun Nov 23 02:42:30 GMT 2008

Perhaps I misunderstood then. The only themes that will be upgraded are
the ones that are on the WordPress Themes Extend site. If your theme is
not on that site, then the theme won't be automatically upgraded. Well,
there are ways around this, but it will be up to you to find out how.
There are two ways, I might be wrong about one way, but it could be
dangerous if I tell, so I won't.

Any child themes will naturally not be upgraded, they are not tied to
the parent theme, so if the styles are already in the child theme,
nothing will go wrong. If the child theme is within the parent theme
(which it should not be), then yes it will also go away. Child themes
should be in their own directory.

Jacob Santos