[wp-hackers] A question about theme updates in WP 2.7

Krusty Ruffle krustyruffle at rustykruffle.com
Sun Nov 23 00:12:39 GMT 2008

Will an automatic theme update cause files in the themes folder to be
removed?

I ask because I have a plugin that queues a user created style file if it is
found in the theme's root folder. If this file will be removed when the
theme is updated then I need to figure out a way around it. I seem to
remember this happening with plugins when the automatic updating started for
them and I would prefer to avoid a possible problem if I can :)

Thanks for any information or help anyone can provide.