[wp-hackers] Help with adding extra data into a post

Mikael Hedengren mikael at cylinderlabs.se
Wed Nov 19 09:55:43 GMT 2008

Hi,

I am fairly new to WP and trying to develop a plugin that allows the user to
enter some extra data when writing or editing a post. The data will be saved
in a separate table in the WP database.
Using the custom field is not sufficient for me.

I use add_action('edit_form_advanced') to show the my data fields for input
but I don't know how to proceed (get the data from the form etc).

Is this the right approach?
Can anyone give me a hint on how to proceed, or some working example?

Thank you