[wp-hackers] Media upload problem with Flash

Mark E mark at simplercomputing.net
Fri Nov 14 15:07:41 GMT 2008

Hi,

I'm seeing an error with the flash-based media uploader that so far I
havne't been able to track down. With Firefox 3 and Flash 9, when I try
to upload an image I get this error on the screen:

At the top it says "HTTP error."

Then download lower where it'll usually say "Crunching..." right below
that I see this error:

"An error occurred in the upload. Please try again later."

This particular server is running Apache2 with PHP 5, and file
permissions for the entire wp-content directory three are set to 777,
and the proper subdirs to exist (e.g. 2008/11).

I've heard that this might be due to some sort of PHP settings but I'm
not sure about that.

Anybody have a clue why this happens? The regular HTML-based uploader
works fine. But not with Flash 9.

Mark