[wp-hackers] query_posts with taxonomy forcing post_type = 'any'

Alex Dunae alex at dunae.ca
Mon Nov 3 19:18:26 GMT 2008

I have a plugin that creates a WP taxonomy (for magazine issues). but it
doesn't taxonomies and query_posts don't seem to play nicely together.

When I call something like:

	query_posts( "orderby=ID&taxonomy=magazine&post_type=post" );

...post revisions are being returned in my results. I see in WP_Query that
(on line 1199) the `post_type` is being forced to equal `any` on taxonomy
pages.

Is this by design and is there any way to exclude records that have
`post_type = revision`?

Thanks in advance,

Alex