[wp-hackers] Inline Documentation Effort was a Failure

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Thu May 29 14:25:58 GMT 2008

On May 28, 2008, at 8:45 PM, Matt wrote:

> I meant not actually have the documentation in the code. Which also
> makes it easier for people to contribute to the docs, since they won't
> have to make a Trac ticket, a patch and then wait for it to be
> committed. Which is also less work for the people with commit access.

This is the _only_ argument I've seen that IMO supports taking the
documentation out of the source.

I'm not very SVN-savvy, but would it be possible to give more people
something like "comments only" commit access?  Then we could spread
the burden of committing patches that are nothing but documentation
updates.

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider