[wp-hackers] PHP IDEs

Callum Macdonald lists.automattic.com at callum-macdonald.com
Wed May 28 02:05:18 GMT 2008

I have a test install of WordPress where I develop my plugins. So I'm
editing code directly on my dev server. I have a "project" defined in
Zend which includes the whole WP install. So it can auto-complete
function names, etc, etc.

It's not fool proof. It doesn't auto-complete action names, filter
names, and so on. Sometimes it gets confused and thinks files are
missing, or doesn't understand variables in include paths. But
generally, it works pretty well. I find it invaluable when code
browsing, tracking down exactly where something happens, etc.

Just to clarify, it will only work if you have the complete WP codebase
available so it can "learn" the functions.

Cheers - Callum.